unknown myxo

Forums › Forums › Myxomycetes (slime moulds) › unknown myxo

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #31003
    Flaxton
    Participant

      Hi

      Don’t find too many myxos but this one had me intrigued. White flattened wavy lobes when fresh and then maturing to almost black with some “spots” on the upper surface and a white edge to the lobes. I have both the Ing and Nannaenga books but I am struggling to come to any sort of ID. Can anyone help

      Thanks

      Mal

      P8290823.JPG

      [attachment=2]P8290823.JPG[/attachment]

      P8300849.JPG

      [attachment=1]P8300849.JPG[/attachment]

      P8300846.JPG

      [attachment=0]P8300846.JPG[/attachment]

      #41153
      Flaxton
      Participant

        I have been told it is Physarum bivalve.

        #41154

        Yes, that looks right. Is there any chance you could save a sample for me to look at if it’s not too late?

        Thanks.

        John

        #41155
        Flaxton
        Participant

          Thanks John. I am sure I can spare a sample for you. Can you email your address and I will pop it in the post.

          Mal

          #41156

          Thanks Mal, much appreciated. I’ll send you a pm.

          Kind regards,

          John

        Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.