Two mystery mushrooms ID challenge

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #32591

    Growing with pine roots.

    First one; about 2cm across and 2.5cm high. Slim tough brown stem, brown cap, ragged, uneven gills. A bit past their best!

    IMG_20230331_172132_043~2.jpg

    [attachment=1]IMG_20230331_172132_043~2.jpg[/attachment]
    Second one; about 1cm high, acutely conical, bright yellow cap. White, brittle stem.

    IMG_20230331_172052_359.jpg

    [attachment=0]IMG_20230331_172052_359.jpg[/attachment]
    Any ideas? Would love to get a name by close of day tomorrow!

    Ali

    #45386
    Lancashire Lad
    Moderator

      Hi,

      Hmmm – I’m not familiar at all with these. – Two very rare species I think! ;)

      I’m not 100% certain, but the first one could possibly be something like the “Square Stemmed April Foolscap”.

      And the second could well be the “Lemon-Painted Q-tip Club”

      :D :D :D

      Regards,

      Mike.

      #45387
      gary
      Participant

        I do hate it when people don’t put the correct Latin names for species rather than the local common names.

        I’ve looked these up in Lassooo and Peterborough and can’t find them anywhere.

        #45388
        Lancashire Lad
        Moderator

          gary wrote:

          . . . I’ve looked these up in Lassooo and Peterborough and can’t find them anywhere.

          Ah yes, I think have that book – “Anthropogenic (sensu lato) Mushrooms and Fungi of Great Britain”. ;) :D 😳

          Regards,

          Mike.

          #45389

          I don’t think I’ve got that book, I’ll have to look it up.

          Local gossip has the second one as Yellow Baby Budding Clubs, but I bow to the greater knowledge of the Fungal Forum!

          Hope everyone has had a good April 1st.

          Ali

          #45390
          eltio
          Participant

            How about Leucocoprinus birnbaumii for the yellow one?

            #45391

            Er… does it have a common name??

            Ali

            #45392
            eltio
            Participant

              Plantpot dapperling

            Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.