Tricholoma ustale or ustaloides I think

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #30396
    adampembs
    Keymaster

      Under beech, not sticky but it was sticky as debris is stuck to cap.

      Reddish brown spots on gill, especially at edge. Smell is quite strong. I am hopeless on farinaceous, to me it smells gassy.

      There is white zone at the top, but not sure if this counts as sharply delimited. What do you think?

      #39050
      eltio
      Participant

        Are the colour values in the second photo correct? It looks awfully pale for T. ustale. I’ve never found T. ustaloides, but I’ve been told the demarcation of the pale area is very clear, so I think the former is more likely. But it should be chestnut brown.

        #39051
        adampembs
        Keymaster

          It has been very dry and some other specimens were darker. In terms of brown species, what else could it be, under Beech?

          #39052
          eltio
          Participant

            I don’t disagree, but I have never seen T. ustale so pale and grey. This business is all about understanding the range of possibilities.

            #39053
            adampembs
            Keymaster

              They were chestnut brown and that is what I see in the 2nd image on both my laptop and desktop computers. Not at all grey.

            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.