Thank you. I do know how to identify fungi. I don’t know how to get spores off something that measures about three millimetres across. I thought I’d done quite well to get it home and photographed under the stereo before it faded away. The gills were pale, and distantly spaced.
It is tricky (impossible?) to get a readable spore print from something so small. The link I gave is comprehensive and has to cater for all abilities short of expert, so is no slight on your own ability. The minimum to help with an ID are photos of all the parts of the fungus, especially gills. The gill colour can give an idea of spore colour.
I would doubt you’d get an ID of this one without microscopy. You can usually get enough spores to drop on a slide to see them under a microscope and make a good approximation of spore colour that way, along with a lot more useful info.