Spiny fungi

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #30089
    Flaxton
    Participant

      I am sure this must be a simple id for someone but unfortunately not me :( Looking a bit like Schizopora paradoxa a resupinate on the underside of a fallen branch.

      IMG_9134a.jpg

      [attachment=0]IMG_9134a.jpg[/attachment]
      It has a cream/white spine like surface and produced allantoid spores 9 x 2.5.

      is_28_bak (2).jpg

      [attachment=1]is_28_bak (2).jpg[/attachment]
      Thanks

      Mal

      #38075

      Hi Mal (I’ll let you off calling this a fungi 😆 )

      try Basidioradulum radula (=Hyphoderma radula)

      compare with: http://www.myko.cz/files/mykoatlas/0066/2008/0066-2008-0000-0284p.jpg” class=”bbcode_url”>http://www.myko.cz/files/mykoatlas/0066/2008/0066-2008-0000-0284p.jpg

      cheers

      Chris

      #38076
      Flaxton
      Participant

        Chris Yeates wrote:

        Hi Mal (I’ll let you off calling this a fungi 😆 )

        Where’s the “slapped wrist” smilie when you need one but there were a few patches of it along the branch?

        Chris Yeates wrote:

        Hi Mal

        try Basidioradulum radula (=Hyphoderma radula)

        compare with: http://www.myko.cz/files/mykoatlas/0066/2008/0066-2008-0000-0284p.jpg” class=”bbcode_url”>http://www.myko.cz/files/mykoatlas/0066/2008/0066-2008-0000-0284p.jpg

        cheers

        Chris


        Thanks Chris

        Not one I have seen(identified) before.

        Mal

        #38077
        adampembs
        Keymaster

          Flaxton wrote:

          Chris Yeates wrote:

          Hi Mal (I’ll let you off calling this a fungi 😆 )

          Where’s the “slapped wrist” smilie when you need one but there were a few patches of it along the branch?

          Mal

          What you see is the fruiting body, not the single organism that is the fungus, but you already know this ;)

          EDIT : or is it where two individuals mate?

          #38078
          Flaxton
          Participant

            adampembs wrote:

            What you see is the fruiting body, not the single organism that is the fungus, but you already know this ;)

            EDIT : or is it where two individuals mate?


            I know I know I was only looking for excuses

            Mal

          Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.