Sarcoscypha jurana

Forums › Forums › General fungi discussion › Sarcoscypha jurana

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #30605

    Does anyone have information microscopic determination re this species? Only 2 records on FRDBI Locally VC41 Glamorgan most are S.austriaca but one location we have S.coccinea.

    #39877

    Hello,

    just google for Sarcoscypha jurana, and you will find a nice picture by H.O. Baral comparing the spores of S. jurana and S. austriaca.

    best regards,

    Andreas

    #39878

    Thanks Andreas, Brian Douglas at Kew has directed us to info.

    It looks like S.jurana only occurs on Lime wood (Tilia) but would need checking microscopically to be sure.

    Mark

    #39879
    Flaxton
    Participant

      Only one record for S jurana in the UK and I visited the site 10 days ago. Found loads of S austriaca but nothing else. I asked the local woodsman and he said most of the Lime trees had been chopped down, for looking untidy 😮

      Mal

      #39880

      Oh dear 😥 We have similar problem with 1 of only 2 UK sites for Helvella leucopus (on Kew’s LAFF list). Associated with Populus on Merthyr Mawr NNR and NRW have been taking out the Populus. I’ve been talking to Reserve Manager and he is now aware. I’ve been monitoring site for last 2 years but no sign of the Helvella but I live in hope!

      Mark

    Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.