My main reason for posting today is because some of the attendees have been trying to join this forum and can’t find how to register and I couldn’t help them. I wonder whether new members are still being accepted and if so how to join. I can only see how to log in but not how to register anew.
As for future training sessions in Riseley then I am always willing to meet up with anyone or any groups who are willing to travel here and perhaps I will post on here or on the BLS website when we have future lichen training sessions in Bedfordshire.
Really interesting post, thank you. With regard to registering, a keen lichenologist I know here in Sussex registered on here (used the button top left, next to login button), but for a long time he just couldn’t login even though everything seemed to have gone smoothly with the registration procedure. He couldn’t find any contact on the forum to ask for help, but he kept on trying to login every so often and then it all just worked and he can now login. Not sure what’s going on there.
Also I would be keen to come up to Bedford, if you do something in that area.
All the best
Sylvia
Thanks for your reply. I see the Register button has reappeared now; I’m sure that wasn’t there a week or so ago when a couple of local lichenologists wanted to join the forum. Now that there is a button to press, I will encourage these people to try to register, and to be persistent if it doesn’t work on their first attempt.
In addition to the Rinodina calcareaStrigula tayloriiPorina byssophilaPyrenidium actinellumCaloplaca teicholyta
For people travelling by public transport, Riseley is rather difficult to get to (except by taxi) because the timing of the buses would only allow a short day. We are also conducting an ongoing survey of Foster Hill Road Cemetery in Bedford which is a superb site with excellent examples of very many common saxicolous species along with many recherche and obscure ones. This cemetery is within easy walking distance of the train and bus stations. I will let people know when we have another day planned for either site. If you get impatient feel free to suggest a day to suit you and I can often set aside a day and then invite others.
Best wishes,
Sylvia
