Puccinia cladii

Forums › Forums › Rusts, Smuts, and Mildews › Puccinia cladii

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #30282

    Looks like this is not so rare – confirmed by Brian Douglas Kew in Norfolk and now in Crymlyn Bog South Wales. 5 hours on Bog (more correctly fen) Monday 22nd August found on Cladium mariscus in boggy woodland and open fen -not easy terrain!

    Photo (USBx20) also shows parasitic asco – Eudarluca cariscis (Brian’s id). I’m getting out of my depth here not just in Bog!

    #38653

    Great stuff Mark

    I must look harder at this Sedge also known as swamp sawgrass, great fen-sedge, saw-sedge or sawtooth sedge or even elk sedge. However, I do find sedges difficult to distinguish between.

    Alison

    #38654

    Hi Alison, Yes Sedges are difficult for me! 1st time Brian and I went to Crymlyn Bog we were looking at wrong Sedge! Luckily this time we had experts with us. I now am fairly confident with Cladium mariscus and have also checked 2 stands at Kenfig Pool NNR – no Rust on them.

    Mark

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.