Pluteus?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #30966

    This morning this fungus was found growing out of a Birch log in Graeme Hendrey Wood in Surrey. My first thought was a Pluteus but then I realised the gills were not pink-tinged from spores despite the fruiting bodies looking quite mature. However when producing a spore print it was obvious that the spores were indeed pink so I’m sticking with my original thought. But I am not sure which Pluteus species it could be. If anyone could help then that would be much appreciated! :D

    James

    #41039

    Hello,

    it is a Pluteus from the cervinus-group.

    If you do a preparation of the gill, you will se the typical three-hooked cystidia, which only some Pluteus species do have!

    best regards,

    Andreas

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.