Pluteus

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #29417
    Flaxton
    Participant

      This Pluteus “cervinus” was on the rotting stump of what might have been a pine tree so I thought I would check for P pouzarianus.

      The cap mostly striate just a bit granular in the centre

      IMG_8728a.jpg

      [attachment=5]IMG_8728a.jpg[/attachment]
      the stem was striate

      IMG_8729a.jpg

      [attachment=4]IMG_8729a.jpg[/attachment].

      I then noticed the dark lamella edge

      IMG_8727a.jpg

      [attachment=3]IMG_8727a.jpg[/attachment] so that brought P nigrofloccosus(atromaginatus) into the picture.

      Unfortunately the microscopic details ruined all of these tentative id’s.

      The (sub) globose spores

      is_69_bak.jpg

      [attachment=2]is_69_bak.jpg[/attachment]
      Cheilo and Pluro cystidia and palisade pileo

      pleuro1.jpg

      [attachment=0]pleuro1.jpg[/attachment]

      pileo1.jpg

      [attachment=1]pileo1.jpg[/attachment]
      point to P umbrosus or P platus but doesn’t seem to fit perfectly with either.

      Anyone got any thoughts.

      Thanks

      Mal

      #34662
      Flaxton
      Participant

        Missed the cheilocystidia

        cheilo1.jpg

        [attachment=0]cheilo1.jpg[/attachment]
        Mal

        #34663

        Megacollybia platyphylla (adnate/emarginate gills and should have a white spore print). Pluteus have free gills and pink spore prints.

        #34664
        Flaxton
        Participant

          Thanks Roy

          For such a common species I am surprised I have only seen it once before and that was 10 years ago. I just wonder if I have other cervinus records that weren’t 😳

          Mal

        Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.