Phloeomana

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #30074
    Flaxton
    Participant

      While looking for Encoelia on a local hazel coppice woodland I came across this Phloemana 😯 As some of you may know but I suspect most of you don’t this is the new name for a small group of Mycena round heimalis olida and speirea 👿 .

      Phloemana speirea

      IMG_9128 (2).JPG

      [attachment=1]IMG_9128 (2).JPG[/attachment]

      IMG_9127 (2).JPG

      [attachment=0]IMG_9127 (2).JPG[/attachment]
      Mal

      #38000

      Flaxton wrote:

      While looking for Encoelia on a local hazel coppice woodland I came across this Phloemana 😯 As some of you may know but I suspect most of you don’t this is the new name for a small group of Mycena round heimalis olida and speirea 👿 .

      Phloemana speirea
      [attachment=1]IMG_9128 (2).JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]IMG_9127 (2).JPG[/attachment]
      Mal

      When did that happen 😮 😯 I have enough trouble with the small white mycena types without even more confusion. :D

      Just done a Google search and NIL results so guess it must be recent

      John

      #38001

      Wood Wanderer wrote:


      When did that happen 😮 😯 I have enough trouble with the small white mycena types without even more confusion. :D

      Just done a Google search and NIL results so guess it must be recent

      John

      Try googling as per the spelling in the title of this thread i.e. Phloeomana. ;)

      Ken

      #38002

      Ken Burgess wrote:

      Wood Wanderer wrote:


      When did that happen 😮 😯 I have enough trouble with the small white mycena types without even more confusion. :D

      Just done a Google search and NIL results so guess it must be recent

      John

      Try googling as per the spelling in the title of this thread i.e. Phloeomana. ;)

      Ken

      Ah that explains it …

      #38003
      Flaxton
      Participant

        It is only the first time I have typed it 😳

        Mal

        #38004

        Oh no!

        #38005

        Mycena has clearly been a heterogeneous genus (pun intended) in need of revision – “Mycena rorida” was a clear candidate for starters. It’s interesting that Phloeomana has been placed in a different family: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porotheleaceae” class=”bbcode_url”>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porotheleaceae.

        http://www.mushroomexpert.com/mycenoid.html” class=”bbcode_url”>http://www.mushroomexpert.com/mycenoid.html – paragraph starting “DNA studies . . . . ” is worth a quick look.

        Chris

        #38006

        Whilst browsing I came across this that I thought was a basic but useful addition to this thread

        http://scmycoflora.org/genera/phloeomana/phloeomana-species.php

        John

        #38007

        Wood Wanderer wrote:

        Whilst browsing I came across this that I thought was a basic but useful addition to this thread

        http://scmycoflora.org/genera/phloeomana/phloeomana-species.php

        John

        I love the start to that article, John: Approximately 1 species in Santa Cruz County. 🙄 🙄

        Chris

      Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.