Paint roller fungus!

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #30865

    Unusual substrate – a discarded paint roller :) Others nearby on woodchip (probably deciduous) and 2 nearby in moss on rock. Canal side VC39 Staffordshire 1/1/2018. Tentative id Galerina marginata (suggestion by Rich Wright)

    #40659

    or Tubaria furfuracea…

    #40660

    Thanks – that is another suggestion I have had. Size of largest were about 4cm

    Mark

    #40661

    marksteer wrote:


    . . .that is another suggestion I have had. . . . .


    It’s also a far better suggestion. Always eliminate the obvious suspects first*, and at this time of the year Tubaria furfuracea for a smallish toffee-coloured agaric would be first in the queue.

    *Just look at how many beginners’ first/early posts tend to be Armillaria spp.

    #40662
    adampembs
    Keymaster

      Chris Yeates wrote:


      .

      *Just look at how many beginners’ first/early posts tend to be Armillaria spp.

      A lot of “Cortinarius” turn out out be an Armillaria sp. I’ve done it myself in the past.

    Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.