Nesothele hymenogonia on chalk pebbles

Forums › Forums › Lichens › Nesothele hymenogonia on chalk pebbles

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #33149
    SylviaD
    Participant

      Hi,

      After much crawling around the South Downs and a lot of chalk fragments examined, I think I’ve found Nesothele hymenogonia. The descriptions I’ve read for the perithecia are that they are grey-pruinose, but chalk being what it is, the perithecia just look like they have chalk fragments and dust on them. There is an involucrellum. The spores are muriform sized 25-30 X 12.5-15 um and I found an ascus that had 8 spores. The perithecia has oblong photobiont in it.

      Does this look good for Nesothele hymenogonia?

      Thank you,

      Sylvia

      #46881
      Neil Sanderson
      Senior Moderator

        Sylvia

        It is a while since I crawled around in chalk grassland and found it, but yes that looks fine

        Neil

        #46882
        SylviaD
        Participant

          Thanks Neil, all my crawling was worthwhile.

          Sylvia

        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.