Marasmius hudsonii Holly Parachute

Forums › Forums › General fungi discussion › Marasmius hudsonii Holly Parachute

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #30582

    Glamorgan Fungus Group recently challenged members to find this diminutive but easily identified species occurring on rotting Holly leaves. FRDBI has 261 records – only 3 in Wales and none in Glamorgan VC41. At the end of 2016 and early 2017 10 members recorded this 42 times with more records coming in. Perhaps this is not so uncommon as records suggest but just overlooked.

    #39795

    Hello,

    the word “perhaps” sounds quite funny in this context – I would have chosen “obviousely” when this hitherto unrecorded species is found more than 40 times when someone looks for it 😆

    Gratulations to the great success!

    best regards,

    Andreas

    #39796

    The Kew LAFF project has spurred the Group to target species that are possibly under recorded in Glamorgan – this was 1st challenge. Current one is Terana caerulea (T.coerulea) which is allegedly uncommon in UK. Interesting results which indicates very frequent in Glamorgan – as 1 member has commented “common as muck”! I’ll put post up when we have full details.

    Mark

    #39797

    Hello,

    Terana caerulea is a decidetly atlantic and somewhat thermophilic species – where is the best region for this species in Britain if not Glamorgan ;)

    I have seen it as a common species at the atlantic cost of France north of Bordeaux up to La-Roche-sur-Yon, and I suppose it is common everywhere at the french atlantic cost.

    On the other hand we have never had a finding in Thuringia (except a dubiose dataset), which is one of the warmest areas in Germany, but in the east and quite continental.

    best regards,

    Andreas

    #39798
    Lancashire Lad
    Moderator

      Hi all,

      I don’t know whether Terana caerulea can be considered common anywhere in Britain – but I do know that it isn’t at all common in Lancashire.

      I’ve been trying to find it (as has a close friend), for several years without success. 😳

      Regards,

      Mike.

      #39799

      Hi Mike,

      T.caerulea is certainly frequent in Glamorgan VC41 as our current survey will show:). I will post summary of results when available.

      Mark

    Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.