Laccaria tortilis?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #31964

    Greetings and thanks for accepting me to your group.

    I have got lots of Deceivers growing in my garden, but I have been noticing some that don’t look like the rest. These photos were taken in December of this year. I wonder if you can tell me first, what the growths are on top of some of them.

    Secondly, could the others be Laccaria tortilis?

    I live in the Chilterns in Oxfordshire, and I have loads of fungi growing in my 2 acres of garden–many species of Waxcaps, Agarics and Deceivers. We don’t put any fertilisers or pesticides on the lawn which is why it is so rich in fungi.

    Happy new year!

    Best wishes,

    Linda

    #43803
    Flaxton
    Participant

      Hello Linda

      A belated welcome to the forum. I think the reason you have had no replies is that it has been missed by most is because it is under the Microscope heading not general id. I think these are just Laccaria laccata rather than L tortillis which tends to prefer wetter areas and is usually found as a small contorted groups. Yours are showing the distorted growth which often happens in Laccaria. It does have a name but I cannot think of it at the moment. Hopefully someone else will post that name.

      Mal

      #43804
      Lancashire Lad
      Moderator

        Well spotted Mal – I certainly hadn’t noticed the post. (But have now moved it here, to the more appropriate ID Requests Forum).

        I agree with your determination of L.laccata, and I think the contortion is generally known as “Rosecomb mutation”.

        Regards,

        Mike.

      Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.