Is this Mower’s Mushroom, Panaeolina foenisecii?

Forums › Forums › Fungi ID requests (post here if you aren’t sure what type of fungus you’ve found) › Is this Mower’s Mushroom, Panaeolina foenisecii?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #31398

    Growing on an area cut regularly but never fertilised or manured. I have tentatively identified it as Panaeolina foenisecii but it may be a Mycena?

    IMG_2634 small.JPG

    [attachment=3]IMG_2634 small.JPG[/attachment]

    IMG_2635.JPG

    [attachment=2]IMG_2635.JPG[/attachment]

    IMG_2638.JPG

    [attachment=1]IMG_2638.JPG[/attachment]

    IMG_2641 Mower’s Mushroom, Panaeolina foenisecii.JPG

    [attachment=0]IMG_2641 Mower’s Mushroom, Panaeolina foenisecii.JPG[/attachment]

    #42315
    eltio
    Participant

      I’d agree it’s a Mycena. Any buried wood? Possibly M galericulata?

      #42316
      Flaxton
      Participant

        Check to see if has the smell of swimming pool (chlorine). M aetites would be my guess.

        #42317

        Flaxton wrote:


        Check to see if has the smell of swimming pool (chlorine). M aetites would be my guess.

        It wopuld be my guess too – they grow on nutrient-poor grassland.

        http://www.outerhebridesfungi.co.uk/species.php?id=484

        Regards, Chris

        #42318

        Hello All,

        When I went back to check for chlorine the fungi had gone. A new crop has now sprung up in the same place and the smell is just slightly earthy, no smell of chlorine.

        Myk

        #42319
        Flaxton
        Participant

          I would still go for M aetites

          #42320

          Me too

        Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.