Hyphomycetes

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #30001
    Flaxton
    Participant

      One of the rabbit “currents” has suddenly produced what I assume is a hyphomycete. Translucent stalks with black droplets at the end.

      hyphomycetes.jpg

      [attachment=1]hyphomycetes.jpg[/attachment]
      The conidia are produced on what look like fingers and are black granular and with two guttules. They are mostly c9.5 x 5.5.

      IS_249a.jpg

      [attachment=0]IS_249a.jpg[/attachment]
      I thought I had a copy of A key to Hyphomycetes on dung but it has been corrupted so any chance of an ID or pointer.

      Thanks

      Mal

      #37585

      Hi Mal

      Might be worth checking out Stachybotrys chartarum: http://outerhebridesfungi.co.uk/species.php?id=349

      Chris

      #37586
      Flaxton
      Participant

        Hi Chris

        Thanks for that. I am sure that’s what I have got. The mico features fit well. I have been waiting for mine to dry out a bit so see what it looked like and I am now sure (or at least as sure as I can be) that Stachybotrys chartarum is the right name.

        Mal

      Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.