Hi what have I got here?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #31379

    Any ideas?

    #42258
    Lancashire Lad
    Moderator

      Hi, and welcome to UK Fungi.

      Would need much more information & photos to be anything like confident with suggestions.

      Please see: – http://www.fungi.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=49 (Help us to help you to identify your finds).

      Regards,

      Mike.

      #42259
      adampembs
      Keymaster

        Yes, to support Mike, we would need a shot showing the gills and stem at the least.

        Welcome to Uk Fungi forums.

        #42260

        Probably on buried wood, seems to have hairy caps and very dark gills – my money’s on Lacrymaria lacrymabunda

        Chris

        #42261
        eltio
        Participant

          I’ve never seen it grow in clusters like that. Is it typical?

          #42262

          eltio wrote:


          I’ve never seen it grow in clusters like that. Is it typical?


          Not typical but forced to grow like this in this site, clearly. See https://tiktogram.com/media/2097835103543251770_3628748795” class=”bbcode_url”>https://tiktogram.com/media/2097835103543251770_3628748795 where the fungus appears to be growing in a similar anthropogenic habitat.

          I do agree however that a single photograph, with a two word post, does put all the burden on the responder.

          #42263

          Good to see that the tradition (with a few notable exceptions) of people posting questions and then not even acknowledging that they have bothered to read our responses (never mind a word of thanks) is alive and well . . . .

        Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.