Grey Disco

Forums › Forums › Ascomycetes › Grey Disco

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #29511

    Found in cavity of 2-300 year old Oak. Approx. to 2mm. I wouldn’t like to go further than Mollisia sp. without microscope work which is beyond me!

    #35146
    adampembs
    Keymaster

      Mollisia is known to be tricky and definitely requires microscopy. The key I’m looking at for Mollisia and related species starts with asking if the spores are septate.

      Do you have anyone in the Glamorgan group who can help with microscopy?

      #35147

      Yes Mike Bright! But I don’t want to load him with more work as he is very busy. I’ll leave this one at Genus.

      Mark

      #35148

      Hello,

      this is most likely Mollisia (“Haglundia”) olivascens or elegantior. It would have been worth checking by microscopy, because both these species are not too often recorded in UK I suppose …

      best regards,

      Andreas

    Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.