Collemopsidium elegans in Yorkshire

Forums › Forums › Lichens › Collemopsidium elegans in Yorkshire

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #70618
    kianhaylescotton
    Participant

      Hi all.

      I’m just going through some old records and taking a closer look at ones I didn’t have time to investigate earlier in the year. I had this species down as Collemopsidium halodytes but looking closer it appears to have the warted and wrinkled thallus of Collemopsidium elegans instead. This would be a first record for C. elegans on the East Coast if this is the case. Sadly I didnt get a sample so can’t do any microscopy. Any guidance would be appreciated?

      Many thanks,

      Kian

      Growing on intertidal sandstone boulders at: Hayburn Wyke, VC62, North East Yorkshire, January 2026

      Link to iNat Observation: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/360699180

      collempsorodium_sp_pic1

      collempsorodium_sp_pic2

      #70880
      Paul Cannon
      Participant

        I’m still learning these but it looks much more like Wahlenbergiella striatula to me. That has been recorded from the Yorkshire coasts.

        Best wishes

        Paul

        #70892
        kianhaylescotton
        Participant

          Cheers Paul, that looks like a better fit.
          Many thanks,

          Kian

          #70923
          Alain GERAULT
          Participant

            Certainly Wahlenbergiella striatula

            Alain GERAULT Lichensmaritimes.org

          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.