Cladonia polydactyla?

Forums › Forums › Lichens › Cladonia polydactyla?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #32946

    Is this ok for Cladonia polydactyla, please? It is on one of the fallen oak-trunks at Speech House in the Dean. From memory, it was on relatively recent fallen material – down in the last 5 years perhaps, still with some bark – not the ancient iron-hard stuff. I didn’t test it when I was there, just took a pretty photo (bad!)

    I’m concerned by the yellow colour of the basal squamules in the foreground, and they look quite big compared to the podetia too.

    Juliet

    #46377
    Neil Sanderson
    Senior Moderator

      Juliet

      Yes that looks fine. The squamules are dissected, and the blue-grey colour and the mouse [course] soralia are also good.

      Neil

      #46378

      “mouse” soralia? Should that be “coarse”? Blooming spell-checkers!

      Juliet

      #46379
      Neil Sanderson
      Senior Moderator

        Yes “course”

        Neil

      Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.