Chantarelle or not

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #31086
    Flaxton
    Participant

      After all these years I really should know the difference by now but can people tell me what they think about these.

      Img_3780a.jpg

      [attachment=5]Img_3780a.jpg[/attachment]

      Chantarell not on 15th.JPG

      [attachment=4]Chantarell not on 15th.JPG[/attachment]

      Hygrophoropsis Aurantiaca var pallida.jpg

      [attachment=3]Hygrophoropsis Aurantiaca var pallida.jpg[/attachment]

      PA141072.JPG

      [attachment=2]PA141072.JPG[/attachment]

      PA151077.JPG

      [attachment=1]PA151077.JPG[/attachment]

      PA151078.JPG

      [attachment=0]PA151078.JPG[/attachment]

      Thanks

      Mal

      #41405

      Andreas’ word will be the best but I think the top one is Cantharellus cibarius, and the others all appear to be Hygrophoropsis taxa – I’m intrigued by image #3.

      Chris

      #41406
      Flaxton
      Participant

        Thanks Chris. I am pleased you agree with what I thought but I had someone say the last one(three photos) was a true Chantarelle. I will wait to see if Andreas has any thoughts.

        I called the third one H var pallida but that was before I had even heard of fuscosquamula and macrospora.

        Mal

        #41407
        Flaxton
        Participant

          Chris

          The spores of the third specimen were dextrinoid and the wrong size for Cantherellus so unless Andreas disagrees I am sticking with Hygrophoropsis aurantiaca.

          Mal

          IS_299.jpg

          [attachment=1]IS_299.jpg[/attachment]

          IS_300.jpg

          [attachment=0]IS_300.jpg[/attachment]

          #41408

          Flaxton wrote:


          Thanks Chris. I am pleased you agree with what I thought but I had someone say the last one(three photos) was a true Chantarelle. I will wait to see if Andreas has any thoughts.

          I called the third one H var pallida but that was before I had even heard of fuscosquamula and macrospora.

          Mal


          That last photograph shows repeatedly forking true gills – definitely Hygrophoropsis

          Chris

          #41409
          Flaxton
          Participant

            Thanks again Chris.

            Mal

          Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.