Athelia arachnoidea Specimens

Forums › Forums › Lichens › Athelia arachnoidea Specimens

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #32948
    Neil Sanderson
    Senior Moderator

      I have had a request for Athelia arachnoidea specimens with fruiting bodies from a Swedish researcher constructing a phylogeny of the genus Athelia. In particular he is searching for fresh material from England, as close as possible to the Northamptonshire, where it was originally collected. If anyone can find suitable material I can pass on contact details.

      Neil

      #46382

      Does he want the sclerotia or basidiomata? I get lots of material with sclerotia on damp fencing in my garden in Gloucestershire (see habitat photo) but maybe that is not what is wanted and is too far from Northamptonshire anyway.

      I’ve just been out to check and the sclerotia are only just starting to form this year, and not on many infections yet. I’m expecting there to be huge quantities of them by February.

      Juliet

    Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.