What are these Black Patches?

Bluelake
New user

What are these Black Patches?

Post by Bluelake » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:52 pm

Guys, I'm growing Grey Oyster Mushroom at home and after finishing the mushroom inoculation, I cut open to find out that there are black spots on the right side of the bag. There is also like a bit of yellowish liquid that is coming out of it. Here is a pic attached. I'm stressed
Attachments
Mushroom Inoculation.jpeg

Lancashire Lad
Frequent user

Re: What are these Black Patches?

Post by Lancashire Lad » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:26 am

Hi, and welcome to UK Fungi,

As you will see, if you read the forum rules highlighted in red at top of the ID Request Forum page, UK Fungi specifically does not discuss edibility related issues: -
Rules.JPG
Rules.JPG (26.57 KiB) Viewed 824 times

We are primarily a conservation oriented website for those with an interest in all aspects of general mycology.

There is no real close-up detail in the photo supplied.
I have no experience in trying to grow mushrooms, but I suspect that your inoculum was not fully sterile, and you have some sort of contamination going on.

If your interest relates solely to growing mushrooms for consumption, then UK Fungi really isn't the website for you.
There are several other websites available that do deal with that side of mushroom interest, and their contributors would be likely to have more of an idea of what's going on in your example.

Regards,
Mike.
Common sense is not so common.

adampembs
Frequent user

Re: What are these Black Patches?

Post by adampembs » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:27 pm

This is the case for the ID requests forum, Mike, but this is under miscellaneous substrates. I'll message you.
Adam Pollard
Site admin