Turkey tail fresh enough for drying and tea?

Cai
New user

Turkey tail fresh enough for drying and tea?

Post by Cai » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:53 pm

Spores look slightly more yellow ish in colour than some guides I’ve seen, would be great if someone could tell me if it’s worth drying these out to make some tea.

Thanks!
Attachments
6D738DDB-35B9-4DEB-B360-9A08D6DA0FAC.jpeg
Last edited by Cai on Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lancashire Lad
Frequent user

Re: Turkey tail fresh enough for drying and tea?

Post by Lancashire Lad » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:47 am

Hello, and welcome to UK Fungi.

Please note. - UK fungi does not allow any discussion whatsoever, regarding edibility of fungi.

It is a requirement that forum members take note of, and abide by the forum rules, as posted at the head of the Fungi ID Requests forum: -
Rules.JPG
I particularly draw your attention to the very first sentences of those rules: -
" Please do not ask for the identification of fungi for edibility or narcotic purposes. Any help provided by forum members is on the understanding that fungi are not to be consumed ".

UK Fungi is primarily a forum for those interested in mycology, the fungal kingdom as a whole, and conservation of fungi.
If you have a general interest in all things fungi, then you are more than welcome to stick around - you will learn a lot.
However, if your interest relates only to what might be consumed, then UK Fungi is not the forum for you.

Regards,
Mike.
Common sense is not so common.