Fungus Of The Day (One identified fungus only please, with species name in attachment comment and in post)

Chris Johnson
Frequent user

Re: Fungus Of The Day (One identified fungus only please, with species name in attachment comment and in post)

Post by Chris Johnson » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:39 pm

Oh Mike, that is not good. The third fungus has been sliced of with a knife and inserted into the image. :o

Regards, Chris

Lancashire Lad
Frequent user

Re: Fungus Of The Day (One identified fungus only please, with species name in attachment comment and in post)

Post by Lancashire Lad » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:11 am

Chris Johnson wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:39 pm
Oh Mike, that is not good. The third fungus has been sliced of with a knife and inserted into the image. :o Regards, Chris
Chris,
I can assure you that it has not. - The fruitbodies are seen in the photo exactly where they were growing.
However, I will readily admit to having removed stray blades of grass etc. to get them out of the way of shot.
(When I photograph fungi I try to get aesthetically pleasing photos and not just record shots!).

Although it might look like the fruitbody has been sliced off, it is in fact a small plant leaf that happened to be growing in front of the Waxcap's stem. ;)

I attach below, a crop from the full size image file, so that you may better see it:-
Close-up front of stem (base) - 3rd fruitbody along.
Close-up front of stem (base) - 3rd fruitbody along.
Regards,
Mike.
Common sense is not so common.

Chris Johnson
Frequent user

Post by Chris Johnson » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:55 pm

Lancashire Lad wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:11 am
Chris Johnson wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:39 pm
Oh Mike, that is not good. The third fungus has been sliced of with a knife and inserted into the image. :o Regards, Chris
Chris,
I can assure you that it has not. - The fruitbodies are seen in the photo exactly where they were growing.
However, I will readily admit to having removed stray blades of grass etc. to get them out of the way of shot.
(When I photograph fungi I try to get aesthetically pleasing photos and not just record shots!).

Although it might look like the fruitbody has been sliced off, it is in fact a small plant leaf that happened to be growing in front of the Waxcap's stem. ;)

I attach below, a crop from the full size image file, so that you may better see it:-
Capture.JPG

Regards,
Mike.
I couldn't believe you were up to such deception but it did look like a clinical slice - I take it all back. :oops:

Regards, Chris

Lancashire Lad
Frequent user

Post by Lancashire Lad » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:05 pm

Hygrocybe punicea - (Crimson Waxcap): -
Hygrocybe punicea - (Crimson Waxcap).
Hygrocybe punicea - (Crimson Waxcap).
Regards,
Mike.

Lancashire Lad
Frequent user

Post by Lancashire Lad » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:24 am

Microglossum olivaceum - (Olive Earthtongue): -
Microglossum olivaceum - (Olive Earthtongue).
Regards,
Mike.

Vossipop
New user

Post by Vossipop » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:20 pm

Amanita Phalloides - Death Cap
20191024_200604_compress28.jpg
Admin Edit:
Please do not change the subject-title when making posts in this ongoing and non-species-specific topic.
The title needs to remain as is, in order not to confuse those who subsequently view the topic, as well as future posters.
(I have removed the name-change, and have reset the title of your post back to what it should be).

Lancashire Lad
Frequent user

Post by Lancashire Lad » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:12 pm

Best specimen I've seen to date of this. (Same location as recent Waxcap Pics).
Clavaria zollingeri - (Violet Coral): -
Clavaria zollingeri - (Violet Coral).
Clavaria zollingeri - (Violet Coral).
Regards,
Mike.

jayman
Regular user

Post by jayman » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:58 pm

Sulpher Knight.  (Large).jpg
Tricholoma sulphureum (The Sulphur Knight)

gary
Regular user

Post by gary » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:46 pm

Hygrocybe conica (blackening waxcap) growing in my lawn in Devon surrounded by Achillea and a bit of grass.
pictures taken on the 18th and today to show blackening ,sadly I missed the earlier conical shape.
Attachments
3-IMG_2012.JPG
1-IMG_2013.JPG

adampembs
Frequent user

Post by adampembs » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:46 pm

Xylaria cinerea
Attachments
Xylaria cinerea
Xylaria cinerea
Adam Pollard
Site admin

adampembs
Frequent user

Post by adampembs » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:28 pm

Smoky Spindles Clavaria Fumosa

All over mum's lawn. My mum thought they were horrible. i think I persuaded her they are beautiful. :)
Attachments
Clavaria Fumosa
Clavaria Fumosa
Adam Pollard
Site admin

adampembs
Frequent user

Post by adampembs » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:25 pm

Taphrina aldi - Alder Gall
Attachments
Taphrina aldi
Taphrina aldi
Adam Pollard
Site admin