Literature and resources for general fungi

Forums › Forums › General fungi discussion › Literature and resources for general fungi

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #34936

    I have had an email from Summerfield Books advertising “Clavarioid Mushrooms in Italy” At £150 it is fairly pricey but for 1200 pages of technical literature seems reasonable. That is if the answer to two questions are favourable. The book is in Italian with English keys. Would I be paying for 1200 pages of which I can read only 50 (I speak no Italian) and does the Italian flora cover the British flora reasonably well?

    #34937

    For the identification of Amanita species, visit: http://www.amanitaceae.org/” class=”bbcode_url”>http://www.amanitaceae.org/

    #34938

    Hi, new here but I just saw a documentary on Netflix called “fantastic fungi” and I think its really worth a watch! It’s sparked my interest as well as a few books but I thought I’d suggest it to you all :)

    #34939

    I have just received the Summerfield Books April newsletter and seen Microscopy and Fungi by Marcel Lacomte has been published in English for the first time. May be of interest to some. Reading the contents page, some of the translations may be a bit hard-going (the “coals” or Ustilaginomycetes).

    I have ordered my copy first in case putting it on here causes a rush and they sell out.

    #34940
    gary
    Participant

      Thanks for the reminder about “Microscopy and Fungi”

      I’ve now ordered it.

      i’m hoping it will inspire me to use my microscope more which I’ve been intending to do for some time!!

      Gary

      #34941
      Lancashire Lad
      Moderator

        I’ve just been made aware that the book: –

        The genus Tricholoma (Christensen, M., & Heilmann-Clausen, J.; Fungi of Northern Europe; vol 4; Svampetryk; 2013):

        fungi-of-northern-europe-volume-4-the-genus-tricholoma.jpg

        [attachment=0]fungi-of-northern-europe-volume-4-the-genus-tricholoma.jpg[/attachment]
        has been made available as a free to download PDF: –

        http://www.mycokey.com/Downloads/TheGenusTricholoma.pdf

        The PDF is a complete, high resolution copy of the entire book, and is well worth downloading for anyone who doesn’t have the actual book.

        (Printed copies of the original book are still available from various booksellers at a cost of approximately £40.00).

        One of the “Fungi of Northern Europe” volumes, the book’s coverage includes the entirety of the British isles, with two full pages for each species.

        Providing full habitat, distribution, macro and micro characteristics (with diagrams), and superb photographs.

        In my opinion, one of the best books available on the genus.

        Regards,

        Mike.

      Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.