Are these Macrolepiota konradii?

Please try to include photos to show all parts of the fungus, eg top, stem, and gills.
Note any smells, and associated trees or plants (eg oak, birch). A spore print can be very useful.
Forum rules
Please do not ask for the identification of fungi for edibility or narcotic purposes. Any help provided by forum members is on the understanding that fungi are not to be consumed. Any deaths or serious poisonings are the responsibility of the person eating or preparing the fungus for others. If it is apparent from a post that the fungus is for eating or smoking etc, the post will be deleted and a warning given. Although many members do eat fungi, no-one would be willing to take someone else's life into their hands.
Huma
User

Are these Macrolepiota konradii?

Post by Huma » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:00 pm

I've trawled through Phillips' "Mushrooms" and "Collins Complete Guide" and I am left wondering whether I am on the right track? Photo ID suggests to me Macrolepiota konradii, but this is just a pot shot. Advice please. All found in light mixed woodland in the grounds of Baddesley Clinton Estate, Warwickshire.
Attachments
IMG_6474.JPG
IMG_6475.JPG
IMG_6476.JPG

Flaxton
Frequent user

Re: Are these Macrolepiota konradii?

Post by Flaxton » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:20 am

I would say these are a very dry group of an Armillaria sp, one of the Honey Fungus.
Mal

Huma
User

Re: Are these Macrolepiota konradii?

Post by Huma » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:07 am

Thanks Mal. Hugh