Trooping funnel identification

Please try to include photos to show all parts of the fungus, eg top, stem, and gills.
Note any smells, and associated trees or plants (eg oak, birch). A spore print can be very useful.
Forum rules
Please do not ask for the identification of fungi for edibility or narcotic purposes. Any help provided by forum members is on the understanding that fungi are not to be consumed. Any deaths or serious poisonings are the responsibility of the person eating or preparing the fungus for others. If it is apparent from a post that the fungus is for eating or smoking etc, the post will be deleted and a warning given. Although many members do eat fungi, no-one would be willing to take someone else's life into their hands.
Roundthetwiist
New user

Trooping funnel identification

Post by Roundthetwiist » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Hi everyone ,

My first post! I live on the outskirts of Bristol in SW England and I've developed a new found love of fungi this autumn! I am totally inexperienced when it comes to ID'ing fungi ! Looking to buy sell books this coming week!

After the rain we've had (finally) over the past couple of days I put on my wellys and went for a walk in mixed woodlands opposite my house to see what I could find.

Came across this Clitocybe looking mushroom which was much bigger than fools funnels I found recently...would love to know your thoughts on it!

There were only too growing under the tree one had been savaged by the wildlife and this one was plagued by spiders so I just knocked it to one side to take a pic

[attachment=2]IMG_20181111_162335.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]IMG_20181111_162325.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
IMG_20181111_162335.jpg
IMG_20181111_162303.jpg
IMG_20181111_162325.jpg

Lancashire Lad
Frequent user

Re: Trooping funnel identification

Post by Lancashire Lad » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:47 am

Hi, and welcome to UK Fungi.

I think your find does have the general looks of Trooping Funnel - Clitocybe geotropa.

Regards,
Mike.
Common sense is not so common.