ID request please

Please try to include photos to show all parts of the fungus, eg top, stem, and gills.
Note any smells, and associated trees or plants (eg oak, birch). A spore print can be very useful.
Forum rules
Please do not ask for the identification of fungi for edibility or narcotic purposes. Any help provided by forum members is on the understanding that fungi are not to be consumed. Any deaths or serious poisonings are the responsibility of the person eating or preparing the fungus for others. If it is apparent from a post that the fungus is for eating or smoking etc, the post will be deleted and a warning given. Although many members do eat fungi, no-one would be willing to take someone else's life into their hands.
jayman
User

ID request please

Post by jayman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:24 pm

Hi folks, got a few fungi i need some help to identify. My friend call me this morning saying he had some mushrooms around his house. He had some Macrolepiota procera and some Coprinus comatus that were easy to ID, but these iv no idea . They was all found on grassy land around his house next to deciduous woodland.

1st one, i'm not sure where he found this, he had picked it before i arrived.
PA170524.JPG
PA170525.JPG
Then there was this cluster
PA170527.JPG
PA170528.JPG
Lastly, these were scattered around in the grass. They were very firm in the ground and left the base in the grass.
PA170529.JPG
PA170526.JPG
Sorry picture aren't great, i forgot my glasses and was on way to work.
Thanks guys.

Lancashire Lad
Frequent user

Re: ID request please

Post by Lancashire Lad » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:45 pm

Hi,

The first two images are of Weeping Widow - Lacrymaria lacrymabunda.

All the others look very much like Clustered Domecap - Lyophyllum decastes.

Regards,
Mike.
Common sense is not so common.

jayman
User

Re: ID request please

Post by jayman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:20 pm

Lancashire Lad wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:45 pm
Hi,

The first two images are of Weeping Widow - Lacrymaria lacrymabunda.

All the others look very much like Clustered Domecap - Lyophyllum decastes.

Regards,
Mike.
Thanks Mike, i would never of recognized the weeping widow by looking in my books, but ill remember it now with that fibrous cap, very distinctive. Love your photo's by the way, there fantastic.