Fungi ID please

Please try to include photos to show all parts of the fungus, eg top, stem, and gills.
Note any smells, and associated trees or plants (eg oak, birch). A spore print can be very useful.
Forum rules
Please do not ask for the identification of fungi for edibility or narcotic purposes. Any help provided by forum members is on the understanding that fungi are not to be consumed. Any deaths or serious poisonings are the responsibility of the person eating or preparing the fungus for others. If it is apparent from a post that the fungus is for eating or smoking etc, the post will be deleted and a warning given. Although many members do eat fungi, no-one would be willing to take someone else's life into their hands.
nomode
New user

Fungi ID please

Post by nomode » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:27 pm

IMG_20180904_161744030.jpg
IMG_20180904_161815613.jpg
Hello all , i have this type of fungi growing in my sheep field , just wondered what it is

Best regards dave

loojnkns
New user

Re: Fungi ID please

Post by loojnkns » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:28 am

This looks like a field mushroom to me, but someone more experienced might be certain

adampembs
Frequent user

Re: Fungi ID please

Post by adampembs » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:20 pm

Welcome to UK Fungi!

It superficially looks like an Agaricus species but these all have a ring AFAIK. It's possible the ring has come off. If you read through some of the other recent posts before posting, you'll see what information we need to get anywhere with an ID
Cutting in half along the stem is important if it is an Agaricus (to look for colour changes) - and see if any of them have a ring.
Adam Pollard
Site admin