Literature reviews

adampembs
Frequent user

Literature reviews

Post by adampembs » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:52 pm

I thought we could have a sticky topic where people could offer reviews of new books or online literature sources they have read. What do pople think? Is this a good place to have it? etc
Adam Pollard
Site admin

Lancashire Lad
Frequent user

Re: Literature reviews

Post by Lancashire Lad » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:25 am

Hi Adam,

Yes, I think people's reviews and opinions on fungi books would be a useful addition to the site. (And here in the general topics forum seems to be the logical place to have them).

As you will probably recall, we did have ad-hoc book reviews on WAB, some of which I submitted, but they just went into the general forum under their respective book titles, eventually disappearing from the first page, and being "lost" amongst the many pages of the general forum.

My only concerns, assuming that all responses are to be added to the one "sticky" topic, would be that eventually the topic would become quite lengthy, reviewed titles would not be listed alphabetically, and replies might get out of sequence etc. etc. thus making searching and reading all related comments for a specific title more difficult.

The only way that I can see to avoid this would be to have "reviews" as a separate sub-forum, where individual book titles then become separate distinct topics. - but do reviews warrant a separate sub-forum?

Regards,
Mike.
Common sense is not so common.