Unwanted fungi - (was Blushing Rosette)

ziola1039
New user

Post by ziola1039 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:03 pm

I have some in my yard and my dog pulls it out and it leaves muddy holes in my yard

anyone know what Ii can do to get rid of the Blushing Rosette? thanks!

adampembs
Frequent user

Post by adampembs » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:10 pm

Get rid of the wood it grows on.
Adam Pollard
Site admin

Chris Yeates
Frequent user

Post by Chris Yeates » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:15 am

Hi Adam
this is part of a recurring anti-fungus series of posts from this poster; perhaps we could have a separate thread for "what Ii can do to get rid of" [sic] posts to which these could be transferred, so we can ignore them should we so wish, rather than them clogging up a more positive subforum?
I'm sure there are commercial firms who would be only too happy to spray/inject toxic substances into his/her garden (for a price) to remove these harmless fungi. Heaven help him/her and any pets mind . . .
cheers
Chris
"You must know it's right, the spore is on the wind tonight"
Steely Dan - "Rose Darling"

Lancashire Lad
Frequent user

Re: Unwanted fungi - (was Blushing Rosette)

Post by Lancashire Lad » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:29 am

Strange that it's now the dog that's getting the blame for pulling these out ? :roll:

A quote from your other thread - where we identified them as Blushing Rosette: -
ziola1039 wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:18 pm
I have a bunch of them and when i pull them they are leaving holes in my lawn
This site is primarily for those who enjoy the study of fungi
We will gladly give advice where possible, and when appropriate, whenever people have genuine (but usually unfounded) concerns over fungi.
However, here is not really the place to be asking if you have no interest in fungi other than in getting rid of them for no valid reason other than a sanitized looking lawn. ;)

Regards,
Mike.
Common sense is not so common.

adampembs
Frequent user

Post by adampembs » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:38 pm

Lancashire Lad wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:29 am
a sanitized looking lawn. ;)

A member of our local club has spent decades encouraging fungi and other wildlife in her lawn. She has about 1/2 dozen waxcaps, plus earthtongues, Entoloma, Conocybe, Mycena etc.

I leave a wild border, with nettles, brambles, and whatever. I also grow borage, feverfew, pot marigold and other herbs which are self-seeding in various places. I've been trying to persuade an gent to stop clearing nettles and brambles from a wildish area of ground. He also hates ivy (as it kills trees..). I've told him about all the butterflies and moths that like to feed on the plants, as well as the bees that like the nectar and the birds that eat the berries. I guess he likes the Budldleia, that is a food host for almost nothing (if we exclude nectar)
Adam Pollard
Site admin

Fenwickfield
User

Post by Fenwickfield » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:40 pm

I get rather excited when I find fungi in the garden and have planted my garden up to encourage all forms of wildlife and no chemicals are ever used who wants a manicured lawn and as others have said a sterile garden if you want rid of fungi and by the sound of it anything else listen to gardeners question time on radio four there good at killing anything that does not fit in. The only thing I have a problem with was common earthballs as they were clogging the filter on the lawnmower but the solution was I just cut the grass around them so they can continue to grow there.

Chris Yeates
Frequent user

Post by Chris Yeates » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:51 pm

I always like the idea of Japanese moss gardens, where they painstakingly remove annoying unwanted grass with tweezers :mrgreen:
"You must know it's right, the spore is on the wind tonight"
Steely Dan - "Rose Darling"