Problems Accessing BMS E-Journals?

Lancashire Lad
Frequent user

Re: Problems Accessing BMS E-Journals?

Post by Lancashire Lad » Tue May 30, 2017 2:00 pm

Sorry to resurrect this old thread again, but is anyone else currently having problems accessing BMS online journals?

I haven't been able to access them for well over a month now, and haven't had any replies to emails (sent about a month back) to BMS.

I'm wondering if I'm the only one having this problem, or whether it's a more widespread situation.

Grateful for any feedback.

Regards,
Mike.
Common sense is not so common.

Flaxton
Frequent user

Post by Flaxton » Tue May 30, 2017 2:56 pm

Mike
I tend just to go there when there is a new issue of FM and download it so don't know if it is a long standing problem. I have just visited now and had no problem with the current and older volumes. My browser had retained the log in info so I didn't have to do it myself so on this occasion no problems :(
Mal

Lancashire Lad
Frequent user

Post by Lancashire Lad » Tue May 30, 2017 3:47 pm

Thanks Mal.

I've no idea what's going on, but it's frustrating that BMS haven't replied to my emails.
(I haven't received print copy of April 2017 Field Mycology Journal yet, either).

I have a sneaky suspicion that this has something to do with the fact that my subscription renewal might have gone astray when it was being forwarded on from BMS's then Manchester office to Charles Darwin House. - I had some dialogue at the time, and did eventually get clarification that all was OK, but now I'm not so sure.

Although, having said that, I am still able to sign in at both BMS website, and Elsevier website.
Which would suggest that they do still know that I exist. :lol:

After sign-in, the Elsevier/Science Direct website shows my name, so I definitely am, properly signed in.
However, the list of PDF articles for Field Mycology Journals then shows that only the “Editorial” and “Contents” PDF’s can be freely downloaded.

All the rest of the articles still show the “dollar purchase price” required in order to download them.
(I have tried clicking on several, just in case, but they just take me to the relevant pages for purchasing the articles).

Tried to contact BMS by phone earlier today - but receptionist at Charles Darwin House said that no one was available!

I've just sent another email. - Not much more I can do. :roll:

Regards,
Mike.
Common sense is not so common.