Problems Accessing BMS E-Journals?

Flaxton
Frequent user

Re: Problems Accessing BMS E-Journals?

Post by Flaxton » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:15 pm

I still cannot get access so have contacted them.
I use a PDF package to merge the downloaded files so end up with just a single file.
Mal

Waxcap
Frequent user

Post by Waxcap » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:40 pm

I managed to log in OK today

I downloaded all of the pages and put all of it back together in Acrobat then added document links from the contents page to each article, it's like a proper magazine now.

Maybe it was split in to separate files due to file size but most connections are quick enough to handle the whole document nowadays. Search engines can easily search inside .pdf documents. It is a bit of a pain having to download 16 pages individually.

Dave

Lancashire Lad
Frequent user

Post by Lancashire Lad » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:05 pm

I tried several more times today, all without success - until about half an hour ago.

My username and password was suddenly accepted once again, as it always had been before yesterday.
(and I have now accessed and downloaded the latest journal's pdf's).

No contact from Elsevier, and no indication whatsoever (on their website) that there has been any sign-in issues.
Not very good for customer relations! :roll:

Regards,
Mike.
Common sense is not so common.

Flaxton
Frequent user

Post by Flaxton » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:16 pm

Well I have found out why I could not access the site, they have me as a lapsed member :o It wouldn't be the first time I had missed the payment date :oops: but on this occasion I have paid. They have given me temporary access while they look into the problem.
Mal

Lancashire Lad
Frequent user

Post by Lancashire Lad » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:07 pm

Well, my ability to sign-in again was short lived!

I tried again earlier tonight and the sign-in page is once more telling me that I've entered an invalid username/password combination!

Another email just sent to Norman at BMS, hopefully he'll see it tomorrow.

No contact whatsoever from Elsevier, since the start of the problems.

When people are paying for a service, they expect to receive that service. Elsevier need to get their act together!

Regards,
Mike.

Flaxton
Frequent user

Post by Flaxton » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:55 pm

I better keep my fingers crossed that I don't loose access again then. The current issue is now downloaded and combined so I am ok for another three months ;)
Mal

Lancashire Lad
Frequent user

Post by Lancashire Lad » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:51 am

Until today, (other than an automated query ID number reply), I've had no response from Elsevier whatsoever since sending them my initial message advising of the problem.
(NB: I have been keeping a close eye on the junk email/spam email folders, just in case any reply had been diverted there instead of going into my inbox).

Today, I received an Elsevier email asking me to complete a customer satisfaction survey relating to my query. :roll:

I have, therefore, completed that survey - "On a scale of 1 to 10 how satisfied are you" . . . . etc. etc.
Unfortunately "0" wasn't an option, so 1 was the lowest number I could give for each answer. :lol:

In the meantime, Norman from BMS (who as been very helpful), has replied once again, having managed to obtain a temporary password for me, which I've been able to use to gain access. (And subsequently reset the password to something personally more appropriate).

So far so good. Hopefully the sign-in issue is resolved once and for all.

Regards,
Mike.

Flaxton
Frequent user

Post by Flaxton » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:19 pm

Glad it has finally been sorted for you Mike. I had three different sources give me a temp password so had to keep changing to my preferred one but have got the latest copy of FM and just keeping my fingers crossed that it will still get me in next time.
Mal

Flaxton
Frequent user

Post by Flaxton » Mon May 02, 2016 7:42 pm

Another email today with profuse apologies and telling me it has now been sorted and my password has been reset so log on and change it :evil: Have changed it AGAIN.
Mal

Lancashire Lad
Frequent user

Post by Lancashire Lad » Wed May 04, 2016 3:50 pm

Hope your problems are finally sorted.

I've had one instance in the interim where my password was not accepted again, but just for interest, I tried the temporary password I'd been given previously, (before I'd changed it to something more meaningful), and would you believe, that temporary password let me in again - even though I'd changed it and had the changes confirmed. :roll:

I've just received a second email from Elsevier - exactly the same as the one I received last Friday, asking me to complete a customer satisfaction survey. (which has gone straight into the deleted folder) - I can only assume they didn't like the rather blunt responses I gave when completing the first one !!!!

Regards,
Mike.