Hello, Could anyone help to identify this bracket please. Found on a stile post, presumably hardwood near a wooded area. I thought maybe Ganoderma pfeifferi but the pores only measured 3 per mm and the match test didn't melt the cap edge more like a sizzle. There were resinous deposite on the surface when looked at under a stereo microscope.
1. Cap : 75mm x 25mm deep.Woody, thick, resinous flakes on surface. Bumpy, grey. The fine resinous lines on the surface were from the margin. Burnt orange/yellowish margin.
2. Context : Buff yellow. 7mm long.
3. Pores : White, round , 3 per mm.
4. Smell : Citrus not sweet bees wax.
5. Spores : unfortunately the damp newspaper method was not forthcoming.
thank you in advance.
Corticoids, Crusts, Brackets, and any non-mushroom like fungi growing on wood
1 post • Page 1 of 1