UK Fungus Day 2016

Rich Wright
New user

UK Fungus Day 2016

Post by Rich Wright » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:01 pm

At Feed Bristol this autumn we’re hosting an event for this year’s UK Fungus Day! The day is aimed at all ages and is open to anyone with any interest in the fascinating world of fungi. We hope the day will be educational, fun and enlightening.

We’ll have kid’s activities, a fungi film space, a fungi foray to find mushrooms in the wild, mushroom cultivation workshops to help you to grow your own mushrooms at home, mushroom laboratory tours showing you how we grow edible and medicinal fungi on site, live microscope projections, a chance to try and buy unusual cultivated fungi, and much more!

The day is FREE to attend. Please come with sensible outdoor clothing if you wish to join us on the foray, it's likely to be wet and a bit muddy!

If there are any mycologists local to Bristol, or anyone else that would like to get involved with running the day, please get in touch.
Thanks!

Sunday, October 9 at 10 AM - 4 PM

Feed Bristol
Frenchay Park Road, BS16 1EL Bristol, United Kingdom

http://www.avonwildlifetrust.org.uk/eve ... instance=0

marksteer
Frequent user

Re: UK Fungus Day 2016

Post by marksteer » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:51 pm

Sounds like a great day pity I'll be on duty at Parc Slip - Glamorgan Fungus Group National Fungus Day Event Sunday 9th October 2016
Mark
'The more I know the more I realise I don't know'